If your Photoshop is not working properly and the panels as well as menus are disappearing suddenly then the chances are that there is a problem with your Photoshop Preferences file. Adobe Photoshop stores most of its performance settings in preferences. You can also learn about Using Lasso Tool in Adobe Photoshop. In order to reset Photoshop preferences you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to quit the Photoshop and for that you need to go to the File menu in the Menu bar and select Exit.
- Now Adobe Photoshop closed you need to press as well as hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt from your keyboard and then relaunch the Photoshop application normally.
- Now just before the Photoshop application is opened you will see a pop-up message which will ask you to delete Adobe Photoshop Settings file which is your Preferences file.
- Select Yes and Photoshop will open with all of your preferences restored to default.
Resetting Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop CC
For resetting the Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop CC you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to go to Edit menu from the top of the screen and select Preferences and after this select General.
- The above action will open the Preferences dialog box set to the General options. Here you will find Reset Preferences on Quit option. You need to click on it for selecting it.
- Now you will be asked if you are sure to reset the preferences when you quit Photoshop. You need to click OK.
- Now quit the Photoshop application by accessing File menu and select Exit.