In AutoCAD you can create accurate engineering drawings. You ca use various different commands for modifying your drawings and few of them are Mirror command and Offset command. You can also learn How to Create a Polygon in AutoCAD.
This command is used for mirroring the objects from the side of other object and for that you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all draw a rectangle of any size by using the rectangle command.
- Now click on the MIRROR icon from the edit toolbar.
- Now is the time to select the objects and here you have to select the rectangle with the pickbox.
- After selecting the objects you need to press ENTER.
- Now specify the point on mirror line Now move your cursor to the right and above the short distance from the rectangle.
- Now specify the 2nd point of mirror line and move your cursor down a short distance and then click down with the mouse.
- Now delete the source objects Type in: N and then press ENTER.
With this you will notice that an exact duplicate of the rectangle will be created.
Offest Command is used for offsetting one object from another one.
- 1st of all you need to draw a circle of any diameter and also a line of any length.
- Now click on the OFFSET icon from the Edit toolbar.
- Now specify offset distance and type in: 50 after this press ENTER.
- Now select the object which you need to offset. Here select the line with the pickbox.
- With these steps you will notice that a line has been created which is offset at a distance of 50mm.