Adobe Photoshop is an amazing photo editing application which can be used for editing as well as creating some stellar photos. Your ordinary photos will become a masterpiece as it provides a battery of amazing tools. It happens sometimes that when we initiate image editing there happens that the image is too large in size that editing becomes a bit difficult. So you need to resize the image. You can also learn about Resetting Photoshop Preferences.
In order to resize an image you are required to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to go to the File menu and select Open option for opening of the image which you want to resize.
- Now the the image is opened you need to create a duplicate of that image so that you have got the backup if the resized version is not required.
- Now go to the Image button and click it, a new drop-down window will be opened and from here you have to select Image Size.
- Clicking on Image Size will open up a new window where you can see the current size of the image.
- Now you need to type in the new dimension in the Height and Width boxes.
- In the next you need to change the locked proportions and then simply uncheck the box to Constrain Proportions. With this you will be able to type the separate values for both height and width.
- The image can also be resized by a specified percent as well and here you can easily alter the width as well as height dimensions in terms of percentages.