Adobe Photoshop is an application which can be used for creating awesome image effects. You can edit your photos with this tool very easily. There are various handy tools available in Photoshop and you will learn about the Lasso Tool in this tutorial. You can also learn about Creating Text with Wild Fire Effect in Adobe Photoshop.
Lasso Tool is used for drawing free-form segments of a selection border. I order to use Lasso Tool you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the Lasso Tool and need to set the anti-aliasing & feathering in the option bar.
- In the option bar you need to select the button from a group of buttons given the name of 1st four alphabets. A for New, B for Add to, C for Subtract from and D for Intersect with.
- In the next step you can opt for doing one of the following.
- Drag for drawing a freehand selection border.
- For switching between freehand and straight-edged segments you need to press alt and click where segments should begin and end.
- For closing the selection border you need to release the mouse without holding down Alt key.
- For further adjusting the selection boundary you can click Refine Edge. (This is an optional step.)
Polygonal Lasso Tool
Polygonal Lasso Tool is use for creating straight edged segments of a selection border. And for using this tool you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the Polygonal Lasso tool and then select the options.
- Now you need to select one of the options from the option bar. A for New, B for Add to, C for Subtract from and D for Intersect with.
- You an optional step and in this step you have to set feathering and anti-aliasing from the option bar.
- Now click on the image for setting up the starting point.
- Now perform one of the following actions.
- For drawing a straight line just position the pointer where you need your 1st straight segment to end and then click. If there are subsequent segments continue clicking for setting up endpoints.
- For drawing a straight line which is at the multiple of 45°, you need to hold down the Shift as you are moving to the next segment.
- For drawing a freehand segment you just need to hold down Alt key and then drag. When finished just release the Alt key.
- For erasing the straight lines which are drawn recently you need to press Delete key.
- Now close the selection border and position the Lasso tool pointer over the straight point and then click.
Magnetic Lasso Tool
Magnetic Lasso Tool can easily snaps to the edges of the defined area in an image. In order to use this tool you need to follow these simple steps.
- Select the Magnetic Lasso Tool.
- Now you need to select one of the options in the option bar. A for New, B for Add to, C for Subtract from and D for Intersect with.
- You an optional step and in this step you have to set feathering and anti-aliasing from the option bar
- Now set one of the options listed below
- Width, Contrast, Frequency and Stylus Pressure.
- Now click on the image for setting up the 1st fastening point. (Fastening points anchor the selection border in place)
- Keep the mouse pressed and move the pointer along the edge which you want to trace.
- Once you are done just double click with the mouse or press Enter for closing the selection bar.