AutoCAD is an awesome 3D CAD tool which can be used for creating awesome 2D/3D engineering drawings. With AutoCAD you can enhance the productivity. Polygon is a plane figure that is bounded by a chain of straight line segments which are closed in a loop. The segment in the polygon are called edges or sides. In polygon the points where two edges meet are known as vertices or corners of polygon. In this tutorial you will learn how to create polygon by using POLYGON icon.You can also learn How to Add Hyperlink to Your Selected Text in MS Word 2016.
In order to create a polygon by using POLYGON command you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to draw two circles of any diameter by using the circle icon.
- Now click on the POLYGON icon from the draw toolbar.
- Now you need to enter the number of sides and the numbers should not be less then 3 sides.
- In this tutorial we will type in 8 and then press Enter.
- Now specify center of polygon by typing in CEN and then press Enter.
- Now move the cursor around the outer edge of the circle until you will see a yellow circle at the center of the bigger circle.
- Now enter the option type and type in C and then press Enter. (For circumscribed polygon)
- Now specify the radius of circle by typing in NEAR and then press Enter.
- For creating the inscribed polygon you need to type in I instead of C.